Click on a date to register
April 25 – West Boylston Street
May 2 – Holden
May 9 – Clinton
May 16 – Shrewsbury Street
May 23 – Main Office
All Seminars are 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Join us as a team of real estate experts including a realtor, attorney and financing professional walk you through the home buying process.
Topics will include:
Are you ready to buy a home?
- The pros and cons of renting vs. buying
- Will your credit pass the underwriting test?
- Have you considered all the costs that come with homeownership – taxes, insurance, maintenance, utilities and more?
- What is a pre-approval letter, and why is it important?
Finding your dream home
- How to choose a realtor and what you should know about the realtor’s role.
- Are your expectations for your first home realistic?
- Location. Location. Location.
- Learn how to make an offer and negotiate the deal
- What can you expect from the seller?
- The inspection process
- Purchase and sales agreements
Obtaining financing and the closing process
- How much will you qualify for?
- Just because the bank says you can afford it, does that mean you really can?
- What information will you need to provide?
- How long does the approval process take?
Registration is required.