Internet Privacy Statement
Leominster Credit Union (LCU) takes the privacy of its members with tremendous seriousness. As such, we take steps to protect the privacy of your financial information. When you visit our website we employ the safeguards below to help protect you against unauthorized use of your protected information.
Leominster Credit Union Website
When you visit our website to browse, read, or download information, your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- Type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- Date and time you access our site; and
- The Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plug-in.
Other Information We Collect
If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties; we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep the information that we collect for an unlimited period of time.
Privacy of Young Members
LCU does not solicit to children under the age of 13. In the event we receive member information, which we can determine is from a child under the age of 13, we will not proceed with the request until we verify the member’s age.
For site security purposes this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software—may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
The statements above are provided for general information and do not create any legal rights or amend any agreements LCU may have with its members.