Additional Banking Services at Leominster Credit Union
Leominster Credit Union offers a full range of additional services for your lifestyle and banking needs including foreign currency, overdraft protection, direct deposit, combined statements, check imaging, and safe deposit boxes. We look forward to serving you with knowledgeable, fast, and friendly service that has kept our members coming back for more than 60 years!
Direct deposit can be used for Social Security checks or any regular recurring government, pension or payroll check. With direct deposit there’s no waiting in line or need for a special trip to the credit union to cash your check. If your check is directly deposited into an LCU statement savings, checking, or money market account, you can withdraw money instantly at any ATM with your LCU Debit Card. Direct deposit is a terrific time-saver allowing you more time to do the things you like best.
Log in to Online Banking Estatements are the convenient, secure and environmentally-friendly way to review your monthly account statements. Sign-up today and enjoy the peace of mind that your statements will be stored securely, and are easily accessible to you anytime you need them through Online Banking. To start receiving your statements electronically, simply follow the instructions below:
Signing up for Estatements is quick and easy!
1. Log into On Line Banking
2. Click on Profile in the top right hand corner
3. Click on E-statements
4. Change radio button to enroll next to the acct you would like to enroll
5. Click on the terms and conditions
6. Then click the accept terms and conditions button
7. And then hit accept
Enrollment is now complete!
For streamlined record keeping, consider having your savings account and checking account statements combined. Both savings and checking statements will arrive together in the same envelope. You’ll be able to balance your accounts at the same time instead of receiving statements at different intervals. And best of all, there’s no charge to LCU members for this convenience.
Members receive reduced size copies of their previous month’s canceled checks along with a statement. These checks fit 18 images per page for easy record-keeping.
Life happens! We understand that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – overdraft coverage can help. Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. There is no fee for having Overdraft Privilege unless you use it. Two options are available, standard and extended overdraft privilege. Each option will charge you a $30 fee per transaction. Click here to read more about Overdraft Privilege, enroll in standard or extended coverage or to decline this service.
LCU offers two alternatives with no annual fees.
- Your savings account will automatically advance funds into your checking account for a daily transaction fee of $5.00.
- An overdraft line of credit will automatically advance funds into your checking account in the exact amount you are overdrawn. Monthly repayment is 5% of the balance or $20.00, whichever is greater.
Foreign Currency, Effective October 1, 2019
As of October 1, 2019, Leominster Credit Union will no longer offer purchasing or selling foreign currency.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and have compiled some alternatives to help you prepare for your travel plans.
- You can purchase foreign currency from a local AAA office for a nominal fee. Please visit AAA.com for nearest locations.
- Don’t forget that you can use your LCU Debit Card internationally! Visa is accepted worldwide. However, please keep in mind that there is a 2% Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (based on the transaction amount).
- LCU’s My Mobile Money allows you to protect your card from fraud by setting alerts and controls to determine how your card can be used. And, if you misplace your card, you can use the app to turn it off.
- Make sure to notify your financial institutions of the dates you are traveling to help protect you from unwanted fraud on your debit/credit card.
- And lastly, we highly recommend that you have another form of payment handy. We would hate to have you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, if your card should be declined.
If you have any questions, please see a branch representative or call 800-649-4646.
Safe Deposit Boxes
Safe deposit boxes are available at the following branches:
- 20 Adams Street, Leominster
- 159 Mechanic Street, Clinton
- 715 Main Street, Holden
Use these boxes to protect your valuables and important papers. Boxes are subject to availability. Sizes and annual rental fees are:
Fees effective November 1, 2019
- 3×5″ ….. $35
- 5×5″ ….. $45
- 3×10″ …. $55
- 5×10″ …. $75
- 7×10″ …. $100 (Main Office only)
- 10×10″ … $130
- Drilling ………………………… $25.00 (plus cost of drilling)
- Key replacement (per key) … $25.00 (plus cost)
- Late Fee (over thirty days) … $20.00
Safe deposit box contents are not insured by NCUA or Leominster Credit Union.
Member Express Line
From any touch-tone phone, you can check account balances, checks paid, interest earned, account transfers and more. Call 800-649-4646 and press 1 for MEL. The user-friendly menu will guide you through the process with the push of a few buttons.