Life happens! We understand that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Overdraft Protection Link to Another Deposit Account you have at Leominster Credit Union1||$5 fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Protection Line of Credit1,2||Subject to fees + interest|
|Overdraft Privilege||$30 Overdraft Fee per item|
1Call us at (800) 649-4646, email us at ODPadmin@leominstercu.com, or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services; 2Subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account, or line of credit you may have at Leominster Credit Union for a fee or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted.
|Transactions Covered with Overdraft Privilege||Standard Coverage
(No action required)
(Your consent required on consumer accounts) *
|ACH – Automatic Debits||X||X|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments||X||X|
|Online Bill Pay Items||X||X|
|Internet Banking Transfers||X||X|
|Teller Window Transactions||X||X|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions||X*|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions:
- call us at (800) 649-4646
- complete the online consent form by clicking here,
- visit any branch,
- complete a consent form and mail it to us at 20 Adams St., Leominster, MA 01453 or
- e-mail us at ODPadmin@leominstercu.com. Please note, E-mail may not be a secure method of communication. Please do not send confidential personal or financial information by E-mail.
*If you choose Extended Coverage on your consumer account, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard Coverage. If you already have Extended Overdraft Privilege coverage, it is not necessary to request it again. Business accounts automatically have Extended Coverage.
You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by contacting us at (800) 649-4646, sending us an e-mail at ODPadmin@leominstercu.com, or by clicking here. Please note, E-mail may not be a secure method of communication. Please do not send confidential personal or financial information by E-mail.
What Else You Should Know
– A link to another account or a line of credit is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
– The $30 Overdraft Fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Fee or a Insufficient Fund of $30. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
– For consumer accounts, there is a limit of 6 Overdraft Fees ($180) per day we will charge.
– We generally post items in the following order: 1) deposits (credits), 2) withdrawals (debits), in the order in which they are received by the Credit Union on the day they are processed, regardless of type of deposit or withdrawal and dollar amount. However, because of the many ways we allow you to access your account, the posting order of individual items may differ from these general policies. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Fees or Insufficient Funds assessed.
– Although under payment system rules, Leominster Credit Union may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Leominster Credit Union will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
– Giving us your consent on your consumer account to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring Overdraft Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
– Leominster Credit Union authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. Leominster Credit Union may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Important Account Information for Our Members which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The available balance for checks, ACH items and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit and any available overdraft protection. The available balance for ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available overdraft protection, but does NOT include the Overdraft Privilege Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Overdraft Privilege Limit is included in the available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
– Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your available balance provided through online banking, mobile banking or Leominster Credit Union’s ATMs.
– Leominster Credit Union will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends, the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Fee may be assessed.
– Except as described in this disclosure, Leominster Credit Union will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
– Leominster Credit Union may suspend your debit card if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available balance in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit (as described in this disclosure). Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your available balance, taking into account any Overdraft Privilege limit, is positive and then you contact us.
– Leominster Credit Union may also suspend your debit card if your account is overdrawn more than thirty-two (32) consecutive calendar days. Debit Cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your account balance is positive.
– Leominster Credit Union may also suspend your debit card if we are unable to contact you due to an incorrect mailing address or phone number(s). You must contact us with your correct mailing address and/or phone number(s) to have your debit card reinstated.
– If your debit card is suspended, you will be unable to use your debit card for purchases or to access your account at the ATM, and if you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g. utilities, you are responsible to make other arrangements for your recurring debit payment(s).
– An Overdraft Privilege limit is available for eligible accounts at account opening. Business Checking accounts will have an Overdraft Privilege limit of $1,500, Rewards Checking accounts will have an Overdraft Privilege limit of $1,000 and all other Personal Checking accounts will have a limit of $800.
– Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
– Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within thirty-two (32) days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have Overdraft Privilege reinstated.
– Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Important Account Information for Our Members. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.